K. k. Oberingenieur Carl Wagner (1850 – 1933) worked as construction supervisor assistant of the Arlberg tunnels and resumed the main supervision of the tunnel construction in the year 1883. He was renowned as one of the most qualified experts in the field of railway construction in the whole Austrian monarchy. Wagner constructed the Arlhof on the Ceconi hill in the year 1900 and later built the hunting lodge on the Ochsenboden in the Verwall – where the history of the Wagner Hütte began. Bestowed the title ‘Hofrat’, Carl Wagner founded and directed the voluntary fire brigade of St. Anton am Arlberg and became honoured citizen of St. Anton on June, 15, 1884 for his honourable merits for the good of the people in the region. We pay our tribute to Carl Wagner by renaming the inn and restaurant in the Verwall to ‚Wagner Hütte‘.
An insight into
the life of
Founder of the Wagner Hütte
A retrospective: How the story began
About railways and fire brigades
A day to
Our Hüttenabend at the Wagner Hütte in the Verwall valley combines great food, friendly service and merry times.